Today I had to setup LibreOffice on Fedora with French support and really wished there was a tutorial for it.
This is what this post is, and it should work with any language.
Spellcheck language ¶
- Install the hunspell package for your language. Example for French:
sudo dnf install hunspell-fr
- Restart LibreOffice for it to notice the changes .
- Head over to
Tools > spellcheck.... Your language should now appear there.
GUI language ¶
- In the same way, install the LibreOffice language pack for your language. Example for French:
sudo dnf install libreoffice-langpack-fr
- Restart libreoffice for it to notice the changes.
- Now the GUI follows the system language. If not you may need to find the setting yourself.
It’s that easy, but it took me some chance and time to find it.